Terms & Conditions
All participants of "AVEDA Walk and Run for Water 2021" (the "Event") MUST read the following terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. By submitting the registration form, the participant submitting the registration form expressly acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and declares that all the other participant(s) in the same entry (if any) also acknowledge(s) and agree(s) to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Participate
- Individual entry participants shall be aged between 18 - 64 at the time of participation in the Event.
- Family and Friends/ Corporate participants shall be aged 3 or above at the time of participation in the Event. The maximum number of participants for each Family and Friends entry is 4, for each Corporate entry is 10. Participants who are aged under 18 at the time of participation in the Event must be accompanied an adult participant who is his/her parent or guardian# throughout the Event.#
#The terms "parent" and "guardian" have the same meanings as in the Guardianship and Minors Ordinance (Cap.13).
- The maximum number of corporate entry is 10, participants must comply with the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap. 599) when participating in the event, group gatherings of more than four persons is prohibited.
- To be eligible to participate in the Event, a participant must complete the registration procedure, fully settle the registration fee and minimum amount of donation on or before the registration deadline of May 23, 2021 and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Registration by any participant aged under 18 at the time of registration must be completed by his/her parent or guardian, which shall also represent the parent or guardian's expressed consent to the participant's participation in the Event and acceptance to these terms and conditions.
- Participants must understand the risks associated with taking part in the Event and the degree of fitness required. If there is any doubt, please seek medical advice in advance. Each participant warrants that the participant is mentally and physically fit and is fit to participate in and complete the Event; and that the participant has not been diagnosed by any qualified medical practitioner as unsuitable to participate in the Event for any reason.
- The Organizer has the right to disqualify any participants who breaches any of these terms and conditions at any time. In such circumstances, the registration fee and donation paid by the participant will not be refunded.
Ngong Ping Cable Car Ticket ("Ticket")
- The Registration fee for each participant only includes a round trip Ticket on Standard Cabin of such category applicable to the age group indicated by the participant at registration.
- The Ticket voucher will be only valid between May 1 - 30, 2021 and will not be re-issued if lost.
- The QR code for the Ticket voucher can only be used once. It is non-transferable, cannot be exchanged for cash, is non-refundable and will be void if altered.
- According to “Tung Chung Cable Car Bylaw”, children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a person aged 15 or above to board. Proof of age may have to be produce at the request of Ngong Ping 360 staff.
- The applicable category of Ticket will be based on the age of the participant on the day of taking the cable car. Only infants under 3 years old on the day of taking the cable car can be exempted from having a Ticket. Senior Ticket is only applicable to Hong Kong residents aged 65 or above. All participants are required to present their ID card, Hong Kong Senior Citizen Card or other forms of identity document as proof of age as required by the staff. If the age of the participant does not match the age applicable to the category of Ticket, the staff has the right to request the participant to purchase the correct category of Tickets at the original price. At the same time, the paid registration fee and donation will not be refunded.
- In the case of cable car service suspension for weather or other reasons before the Ticket voucher is used, participants can choose another day between May 1 - 30, 2021 to redeem the Ticket and complete the Event. Otherwise, participants will be regarded as having given up the Ticket and souvenir.
- Use of the Ticket is subject to the terms and conditions of Ngong Ping 360 and “Tung Chung Cable Car Bylaw”.
- Participants must carefully study and understand the event information as set out in the Event webpage before engaging in the Event.
- Participants must complete the Event in one go between May 1 - 30, 2021, each entry is eligible for participation in the Event for one time only. If the participants cannot complete the Event between May 1 - 30, 2021, no souvenir will be given.
- Participants may collect the souvenir and e-certificate at the finishing point upon completion of the Event.
- Littering, damaging or disturbing any flora or fauna by participants are strictly prohibited.
Withdrawal, Change or Cancellation
- If any participant withdraws from or fails to complete the Event, the registration fee and donation paid will not be refunded and cannot be transferred to any other person, irrespective of the reason of withdrawal or non-completion.
- The Organizer has the right to change or cancel the Event at any time. The Organizer shall make announcement of any such change or cancellation in a manner it deems appropriate. It shall not be necessary for the Organizer to otherwise notify the participants. In this respect, participants have no right to make any claim against the Organizer.
Risks and Liabilities of the Event
- Each participant warrants that the participant will strictly adhere to all measures for preventing, protecting against, delaying or otherwise controlling the incidence or transmission of disease implemented by the Hong Kong Government pursuant to the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap.599), its related subsidiary legislation including but not limited to Prevention and Control of Disease (Prohibition on Group Gathering) Regulation (Cap.599G) and Prevention and Control of Disease (Wearing of Mask) Regulation (Cap.599I) and all related laws and regulations, maintain appropriate social distance during the Event, wear mask according to the relevant regulations, and only take off the mask in circumstances exempted by the relevant regulations. If any participant is prosecuted by any law enforcement agencies or officers, the participant shall be personally responsible, and the Organizer shall not have any liability in relation to such prosecution.
- Participation in the Event is voluntary in nature. Each participant agrees to bear the participant's own risks and responsibilities. The Organizer suggests participants to purchase appropriate insurances based on their individual needs.
- Participants should immediately discontinue their activity in the Event if they encounter bad weather or feel unwell.
- Participants should cross roads carefully and pay attention to road conditions.
- Participants have no right to make any claim against the Organizer, its agents, sponsors, supporting organizations/persons (or any director, employee, staff, agent, contractor or other associated person of any of the above organizations/persons) or hold any of them responsible for any personal or third party injury, accident, death or other forms of loss which arose during or after the Event (including but not limited to such time when participants engage in practice, travel to and/or from the Event venue, participate in the Event, withdraw from the Event without finishing it) or for reasons related to the Event or due to participation in the Event (exclusive of liability for death or personal injury due to the negligence of the relevant organization or person). Each participant expressly agrees to absolve the Organizer and the above organizations and persons of all liability related to the Event, including but not limited to compensating any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses (exclusive of liability for death or personal injury due to the negligence of the relevant organization or person).
- If any participant encounters any accident during the Event, which causes the Organizer to incur additional expenses, the participant shall fully indemnify the Organizer for such additional expenses.
Personal Data of Participants
- Each participant agrees to the collection, storage and use of the personal information (as defined in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486)) provided by the participant in the registration form and other relevant forms (including all forms in paper and electronic format) of the Event by the Organizer for purposes related to the Event (including but not limited to organizing, holding, promoting and publicizing the Event). Each participant agrees that such collection, storage and use are lawful. Each participant also agrees that the Organizer may pass the participant's personal data to its agents, successors, supporting organizations and other related entities and persons for purposes related to the Event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use portraits, sounds, photos, video, voice recording and records in other forms of the participants taken and/or recorded during the Event in promoting the Event and in other promotional or fund-raising activities in the future (including but not limited to using the same on any of the Organizer's webpage or promotional materials). Each participant agrees to the above use of the participant's portraits, sounds, photos, video, voice recording and records in other forms by the Organizer.
- These terms and conditions constitute an agreement between the Organizer and each participant. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall not have any rights under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap.623) to enforce any term of this agreement.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend any of the above terms and conditions at any time. The Organizer shall make announcement of any such amendment in a manner it deems appropriate. It shall not be necessary for the Organizer to otherwise notify the participants. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Organizer shall be final.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the Chinese version shall prevail.